Error and Opt-out Rate Monitoring
The sub-account should be able to send SMS after 00:01 AM UTC the next day after you received the non-compliant email. You can check the best practices below on how to reduce the error rate:
1. Add Opt Out language (reply STOP to unsubscribe) in all the first SMS sent to a new contact -
2. Add Sender information (Introduction of yourself/company) in all the first SMS sent to a new contact-
3. Do not send messages to SMS-incapable devices like landlines, Enable the Number Validation feature for this. This feature will look up the number before sending out the message and enable and temporary DND on the contact.
4. Avoid sending URLs shortened using a public URL shortener like bit.ly or rb.gy, instead send the original fill link.
5. Make sure the Business Profile, A2P Brand and campaign are registered as the messaging world is moving towards the direction where with these registrations no messages will be delivered. You can view the trust centre tab once the sub-account country is set to US:
- Info Required for Business Registration - https://highlevel.canny.io/changelog/capture-ein-for-business-profile-and-a2p-brand-
- Business Profile creation and registration - https://highlevel.canny.io/changelog/trust-center-business-profile-creation-flow-live
- A2P Brand Registration - https://highlevel.canny.io/changelog/a2p-brand-registration-better-delivery-with-reduced-filtering
- Campaign Registration and Messaging Service - https://highlevel.canny.io/changelog/campaign-registration-and-messaging-service
Some additional docs to help you out:
- Trust Center Support Doc - https://help.gohighlevel.com/support/solutions/articles/48001225526-lc-phone-system-trust-center
- A2P Campaign Registration Best Practices - https://help.gohighlevel.com/support/solutions/articles/48001229784-a2p-10dlc-campaign-approval-best-prac
If the country is not set to US, you can still use the system following the best practices so that the delivery rate is high and the SMS is not flagged. A2P campaign is just a more enhanced safety net for delivery but that doesn't mean you cannot use the system without it.
Note - Campaign Verification can take up to 6-7 weeks if it is not approved after the 7th week, please raise a support ticket with us to escalate the request to TCR.
6. For future website form opt-in setup, please include a checkbox to ensure the lead gives consent when filling out the form if that's where the leads opt-in.
You can type something like this I just grabbed it from another client as an example:
By providing your name and contact information you are expressly consenting to receive communications from COMPANY_NAME or one of their licensed agents, which may include phone calls (including to any wireless number that you provide) including automatic telephone dialling systems or by artificial/pre-recorded messages text message and/or emails for the purpose of marketing insurance products and services including health, medicare and life insurance plans. By providing your information, you understand that your consent is not a condition of the purchase of any product or services, and carrier messaging and data rates may apply. You may revoke this consent at any time by calling us at 1-800-000-000 or by emailing us at EMAIL_HERE to be placed on our do-not-call list.
7. Good to Have: The first message should have the source of how your leads opt in.
8. Good to Have: Add Opt-in language so contacts are actively double opt-in via sms and web form checkbox (reply 1 to subscribe)
Also, sharing a Messaging Policy which will help you further on this.