This guide troubleshoots issues with email replies not appearing in conversations. This could be due to several factors like incorrect Mailgun setup, faulty MX records, or issues with domain providers like WIX. Follow these steps to diagnose and resolve the issues efficiently.
Covered in this Article
Troubleshooting When email replies are not coming back to the Conversation
1. Check if Mailgun Receiving Route is set up. If you are on LC Email, move on to Step 2
2. How to check MX records
1. Switch to agency view > Settings > Email Services > Location Settings > Copy the domain/subdomain set up for the sub-account
2. Go to Mxtoolbox to look up the MX record for the subdomain/domain you copied
Depending on the subdomain you set up with Mailgun,
- If you set up companyname.com,
You will look up the MX record for companyname.com
If you set up replies.companyname.com,
You will look up the MX record for replies.companyname.com
- to see if two records point to mxa.mailgun.org and mxb.mailgun.org.
- If they are missing, We must add mxa.mailgun.org and mxb.mailgun.org and set priority 10 for both MX records.
- Suppose other records point to other email servers like (e.g., Google Workspace). We can only choose one here, so you must either set up a subdomain for Mailgun or not use the domain for other email servers like (e.g., Google Workspace).
Can I Use the Same Domain Name for Mailgun and Google Apps (Or Another Email Server)?
3. Check if you are using the Root domain with Google Workspace and Mailgun
If you are setting up a root domain to use with Mailgun, Ensure it is not pointing to somewhere else like Google Workspace, as it might contradict Google Workspace or Outlook, where you use the same domain for work emails. More information on Can I Use the Same Domain Name for Mailgun and Google Apps (Or Another Email Server)?