TABLE OF CONTENTS
To begin a Sub-Account Transfer Request...
You can request a sub-account transfer by filling out the Sub-Account Requestor Form
What is a Sub-Account transfer?
A sub-account transfer is the movement of a sub-account from one Agency (From Agency) to another Agency (To Agency). It is not a merge. We cannot merge the data of one sub-account and put it in another, nor can we transfer the sub-account partially (some data not others).
Can I merge one Sub-Account with another?
No. Sub-Account transfers are a movement of the entire sub-account, not a movement of just the data inside of it. This movement takes place from one agency to another. (Imaging moving a house. A sub-account transfer would be like picking up the entire house (the sub-account) and moving it from one neighborhood (From Agency) to a new neighborhood (To Agency)).
How long does it take? "(transfer process overview)"
The entire sub-account transfer process time depends highly on how fast the Requestor and the From Agency Owner will complete the two forms (Transfer Requestor Form and Transfer Authorization Form) with the correct information. Once both forms are filled out, it could take up to 72hrs for us to verify the information and complete the transfer.
Sub-Account Transfer Overview
- Sub-Account Requestor Form is filled out
- Email containing a link to the Transfer Authorization Form is sent to the From Agency Owner.
- From Agency Owner fills out the Transfer Authorization Form verifying the same information filled out by the Requestor and the Credit Card information in the From Agency. (This form submission will create an Official Sub-Account Transfer Ticket).
- We will verify all of the information on the Official Sub-Account Transfer Ticket and then complete the transfer.
- Notification emails will get sent to the To Agency and the From Agency owners stating that the Transfer is complete.
What is all of the information that is transferred over?
- Websites and funnels will all be transferred.
- GHL calendars will get transferred over. Note, that the external calendar integrations will be disconnected.
- All automation will be transferred over. Note, that they will all be set to draft.
- Contacts and their conversations, appointments, opportunities, and history will be transferred over. Note that sub-account transfers are the only way to move conversations.
- Do users get transferred over?
Yes. Please ensure that all users that you want to be transferred over are User Type ‘Account’ and only assigned to this specific sub-account being transferred.
What is all of the information that is not transferred over?
- All auth connections will be deleted (ex: Google, FB, Instagram, Quickbooks, Clio, DrChrono, Yext)
- All Facebook and Google settings will be cleared
- Sub-Account-level Stripe fields will be cleared
- Any SaaS setting will not be transferred over (SaaS will need to be disabled before the transfer takes place)
- Does my Mailgun/SMTP and Twilio get transferred over?
No. It is the New Agency owner receiving the sub-accounts responsibility to set up their email (Mailgun/SMTP) and phone (Twilio) senders. No phone numbers will be transferred over by HighLevel. It is your responsibility to work with the previous account owner as well as Twilio to move over any and all phone numbers that you may want to keep connected to the transferred sub-account.
What Sub-Accounts can be transferred?
Can I transfer a HIPAA-enabled Sub-account?
We can ONLY Transfer HIPAA-compliant sub-accounts if the Agency that you are wanting to transfer to ALSO has the HIPAA Compliance add-on package purchased from the HighLevel Marketplace.
What agency can I transfer over to?
You will be able to transfer a sub-account to any agency that is active or on trial (not cancelled, whether it be due to failed payments or a cancel request) with a $297 or $497 subscription ($2,970 and $4,970 annual subscriptions included). You can only transfer (a) sub-account(s) to an agency with a $97 subscription as long as the sub-account(s) will not make New Agency exceed the two sub-account limit.
What is the prep that I have to do to the sub-account before transferring?
- Set all users that you want to be transferred over are User Type ‘Account’ and only assigned to this specific subaccount being transferred.
- Set all campaigns, triggers, and workflows to ‘Draft’.
- Any SaaS sub-account will need to have SaaS disabled
How do I request a sub-account transfer?
You can request a sub-account transfer by filling out the sub-account Requestor Form: https://link.gohighlevel.com/widget/form/DZ2X5v6DtYZPwD3VL2V2.
What is the setup that I will need once the transfer is made?
- You will need to reconnect all auth connections (ex: Google, FB, Quickbooks, Clio, DrChrono)
- You will have to reintegrate Facebook and Google
- You will have setup the sub-account-level Stripe
- You will have to re-add LC Email, Mailgun/SMTP, LC Phone, and Twilio (No phone numbers will be transferred over by HighLevel. You will have to work with the previous account owner as well as Twilio/HL Support to move over any and all phone numbers to the sub-account in a separate ticket.)
- You will have to make sure to set campaigns, triggers, and workflows to active.
- You will have to re-add your domains
- Any SaaS sub-accounts will have to have SaaS reenabled.
How do I find out the progress of a sub-account transfer?
You can ask our support team to check the status of a sub-account transfer only after you have filled out the sub-account Requestor Form. Note that once that form is filled out, the From Agency will still need to fill out the Transfer Authorization Form before we can even process the transfer. Provide our support team with the following information (these should match what you filled out on the requestor form) so that they can locate your request: Requestor Name, To Agency, From Agency, Sub-Account ID.