Covered in this article
- Step-by-step LC Email Dedicated Domain Setup - Google Domain
Step-by-step LC Email Dedicated Domain Setup - Google Domain
1. Once you are in the sub-account > Click on Settings > Email Services > Dedicated Domain > + Add Domain
2. If your Domain is companyname.com, you can set up the main Domain or sub-domain with LC-email.
- To set up the dedicated subdomain within LC-email, you can type ANYTHING_HERE.companyname.com
3. Click on Add & Verify
The next screen that you're taken to will ask you to add DNS records to your Domain. Leave this screen open for the next step.
4. Now log in to your DNS records based on where you get the Domain and add the 5 DNS records.
To add the 1st TXT record
Host name: DO NOT INCLUDE THE ROOT DOMAIN
- Depending on the subdomain you are trying to set up, if you are trying to set up
- If you are setting up a main domain like companyname.com, the hostname will be @
Type: Select TXT from the Type menu options.
Data: Same for everyone
- paste the following record v=spf1 include:mailgun.org ~all
To add the 2nd TXT record
**Everyone's 2nd TXT record hostname and value is different
Examples: copy the highlighted part ONLY
Example 1 using subdomain:
Copy mx._domainkey.helpdesk as the hostname
Example 2 using main Domain:
Copy mailo._domainkey as the hostname
Copy the 2nd TXT record here, highlighted in the screenshot below
- Value: paste the 2nd very long copied TXT record here
To add the MX records, click Create new record
Suppose you have a Gsuite account to capture incoming emails for the main Domain. Make sure you are using a subdomain for your LC email dedicated domain. Check out the article: Can I Use the Same Domain Name for Mailgun and for Google Apps (Or Another Email Server)?
To add the CNAME record, click Create new record
Go back to the Email Services tab and click on Verify Domain
Click the same button to Verify Domain again if some records are still not showing the green checkmark