To successfully post to the Instagram Business Profile, including direct publishing, your Instagram Business profile must be connected to a Facebook Page. You don't need to publish to the Page when you use Instagram, but the permissions to manage your Instagram profile are granted to LeadConnector through Facebook. This is a requirement from Facebook (which possesses Instagram).
Before you begin
1) Confirm that your Instagram profile is a Business profile.
- If you don’t have an Instagram Business profile, see Convert an Instagram Personal profile to a Business profile.
2) Confirm that you have an Admin or Editor Page role for the Facebook Page if it's a Classic Page type or Facebook access with full or partial control on a New Page type. See the Facebook help article. How do I see what my role is on a Facebook Page?
- If the Page is an asset in Facebook Business Manager, you also need management access to the Page in the Business Manager account. See the Facebook help article Add People to Your Business Manager.
Follow these instructions to connect your Instagram business profile with your Facebook account.
- In a new browser tab, sign in to your Facebook account.
- On the home page, please click "Pages," located on the top left side of the screen.
- Select the Facebook page you want to connect to your Instagram business account.
- Now, your selected Facebook page will be open. Go to "Settings" on the screen's left side. Select Settings at the bottom of the Manage Page menu on the left.
- Select Instagram from the Page settings menu. And Connect Instagram Business account.
- Enter your Instagram account credentials (username and password) and then select login.
- Now, your Instagram business profile is linked to your Facebook account. If you'd like to integrate your Instagram Business Profile with Marketing > Social Planner > Settings