About Our Developer Documentation
HighLevel is currently in the process of moving to an OAuth 2.0-based API (API 2.0), and at some point in the future, this will be the only API available for integration once this migration is complete. Until this time, we have two APIs, which we are calling the API 1.0 and the API 2.0 for added clarity when referencing which API you are utilizing. See further details below.
API 1.0 Docs
- No new endpoints are planned for the Public API at this time.
- "Public API (v1)" has been renamed to API 1.0 for clarity.
API 2.0 Docs
- Going forward, be sure to use the API 2.0 Docs for new integrations as all future endpoints and new API functionality will be added here.
- As of now, not all endpoints from the API 1.0 Docs have been integrated into the API 2.0 Docs.
- Pro Tip: To ensure an uninterrupted API integration, be sure to regularly review and update your integration as soon as a new endpoint becomes available in the API 2.0 Docs.
- "OAuth 2.0 API (v2)" has been renamed to API 2.0 for clarity.
How to Get Help or Support for the HighLevel API
At this time, HighLevel Support does NOT provide setup code auditing or developer consultative services on API-Related topics. However, if your setup is complete and correct - yet an error persists, you may have encountered an API Bug we need to fix.
You can report this bug by filling out this form: https://speakwith.us/dev-ticket
- For any questions relating to the HighLevel API, join the developer Slack group to ask our community of talented customers here: https://www.gohighlevel.com/dev-slack
- HighLevel Devs host a monthly a Developer Council Call on the second to last Friday, which you can find on the events calendar here: https://www.gohighlevel.com/events
How to Submit a New API-Related Idea to HighLevel
Our API Docs list all available endpoints that are publicly available. If you don’t see an endpoint on either of the API developer sites listed below, we recommend visiting our Roadmap & Ideas Board to add your idea!
You can also track the progress of new ideas as they make their way through planning and into production on our roadmap. This board is both for new developer features and consumer features alike.
Differences Between API Access Across Plan Levels
Basic API access is included with our Starter and Unlimited plans, while Advanced API access is available on our Agency Pro plan.
In addition to the future endpoints that will be released in our OAuth 2.0 API (which is only available in our Advanced API access), this tier unlocks the use of Agency API Keys where lower plan levels only access Location API Keys.
What is an API Key and how is it used?
Where To Find The Agency & Location API Keys
Where to find the Location Level API Key?