This article offers step-by-step instructions for white label agencies on how to manage the visibility and installation of marketplace apps for their sub-accounts. This feature allows agencies to have granular control over which apps are available to their sub-account customers.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Locating the App Permissions Management:
- Approving Apps:
- Disapproving Apps:
- Bulk Approve/Disapprove Marketplace Apps:
Locating the App Permissions Management:
- Click on 'App Marketplace' on the left menu.
- Note: If 'App marketplace' is not visible on your agency account, you can enable it from the labs.
- Click on 'Manage App Permissions' located on the right top corner.
- Here, you will find apps that have a distribution type of either 'Sub-Account' or 'Agency & Subaccount'.
- All apps that are in public and live status are approved for your sub-accounts.
- This default setting also applies to new apps that pass our review process and are made public.
To Approve Disapproved Apps:
- Under 'App state', select 'Disapproved apps'.
- For bulk action, choose the apps you wish to approve and click the 'approve' button on the right top corner.
- Confirm your decision by clicking 'Approve' in the modal window.
- Once approved, the apps become visible to sub-account users under their App Marketplace. These users can then view and install them.
For Individual Apps:
- Navigate to the app details page by clicking on the specific app.
- Click 'approve' on the right top corner.
- Confirm the action by selecting 'Approve' in the modal.
- Under 'App state', select 'Approved apps'.
- For bulk action, choose the apps you wish to disapprove and click the 'disapprove' button on the right top corner.
- Confirm your decision by typing 'CONFIRM' in the action box and then click on 'disapprove'.
Effects of Disapproving:
- The disapproved apps will no longer be visible or installable at the sub-account level.
- If these apps were previously installed, they will be uninstalled from all associated sub-accounts. This includes any supplementary features, such as custom conversation providers, workflow actions, triggers, and more.
- Disapproved apps can be approved again in the future. However, they won't be automatically reinstalled in sub-accounts where they were previously installed. They need to be manually installed again.
Bulk Approve/Disapprove Marketplace Apps:
Disabling this Option:
- Click the settings icon on the top right corner.
- Deselect the option 'allow sub-accounts to view and install apps built by 3rd party developers'.
- Click 'Save'.
Effects of Disabling:
- Sub-accounts can no longer view or install any marketplace apps. They'll only see an 'App marketplace' option in their left menu, prompting them to contact the agency admin for access.
- All apps will change to a disapproved status.
- Previously installed apps in sub-accounts will be uninstalled.
Re-enabling this Option:
- Navigate to 'App Marketplace' from the left menu. (Enable from labs if not visible).
- Click 'Manage App Permissions' on the top right.
- Click the settings icon on the top right.
- Select the box 'allow sub-accounts to view and install apps built by 3rd party developers'.
- Click 'Save'.
Effects of Re-enabling:
- All new public apps will automatically be approved for your sub-accounts.
- All previously approved apps will become visible and installable at the sub-account level.
- Disapproved apps will remain in their disapproved status until manually approved.