Email Validation is a process that checks if an email address is deliverable. In other words, this tool determines if it’s possible to deliver mail to that email address before you send an email.
Email validation feature is only for LC and Mailgun users.
Covered in this article:
- How to enable Email Validation
- Enable Email Validation Re-billing
- Email Validation Pricing
- How Email Validation works
- What does Email Validation check for?
- Why is Email Validation important?
- How does Email Validation impact my email deliverability?
- When should I validate my email list?
- Where can I see my client's email usage?
- How can I bill my clients for usage?
How to enable Email Validation
- Navigate to the agency settings page and click Email Services.
- Open the Location Settings Tab
- Enable the Email Validation Switch for sub-account.
Users of sub-accounts now have the ability to enable or disable email verification. (only for LC Email)
When email verification is enabled by a sub-account user, a notification will be sent to all active agency admins and the company's registered email address - ATTN: Email Verification Enabled in Sub-Account (only for LC Email)
Enable Email Validation Re-billing
For Agencies on the $297/$2970 plan, the multiplier for rebilling will be fixed on 1.05x. You need to be on the $497/$4970 plan to increase it beyond 1.05x.
Email Validation Pricing
We charge $2.5 for 1000 Email Validations for all the plans at a lower cost than most major providers compared to $12/1000 with MailGun, which is 79% Cheaper.
Transactions to show what the email charges look like:
Agency view > Billing > Credits
How Email Validation works
- All the emails will be validated before sending the email if it's not validated before. There was an option to re-validate the email in 90 days. Before email sending, the validated date will be checked if it is validated before 90 days, re-validation will happen.
- On the contact detail page, the user can manually check
- Navigate into the contact record >scroll down the right side > click the envelope icon.
What does Email Validation check for?
The email address syntax is correct.
The domain is set up to receive email.
The email address exists.
The email address isn’t a high-risk address.
The email address isn’t role-based, such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why is Email Validation important?
Email Validation is important because it:
- Boosts your delivery rate by removing invalid email addresses.
- Maintains your mailing list hygiene by keeping your email list up-to-date.
- Improves your email marketing metrics like click-through rate (CTR), open rate, and click-to-open ratio (CTOR).
- Protects your sender's reputation.
How does Email Validation impact my email deliverability?
Email deliverability is highly impacted by bounced emails. Decrease email bounces by performing email Validation ahead of time.
Your IP address and domain reputation take a hit when your email service provider (ESP) can’t place your email into a subscriber’s inbox. This impacts future deliverability because email clients rely on IP and sender reputations to determine whether or not to deliver your messages. If you have a bad sender or IP reputation, email clients may decide to place emails sent from your domain name in your subscriber’s spam folder. Or, they may not deliver them at all.
When should I validate my email list?
If you’ve bought a mailing list (which we highly recommend that you don’t) or if you’ve inherited a mailing list you’re unfamiliar with. It’s a great idea to use an email verifier.
In addition, if your list has grown or it’s been some time since you last verified your email addresses, we recommend giving your mailing list a health check today.
Where can I see my client's email usage?
How can I bill my clients for usage?
If you are on the Pro-plan, you can rebill your clients and save the time & effort needed to bill them manually.