Covered in this article
- Q1: I'm unable to add the same domain to my other subaccount/location:
- Q2: Why can't I update my primary domain?
- Q3: I've added the A / CNAME record but the domain is still not being added
- Q4: I can't connect my root domain (ex. mydomain.com)
- Q5: How many WordPress sites can I have per sub-account
If you are setting up a new WordPress website, migrating an existing one, or just adding additional domains, you will need to configure your domain's DNS to point to your WordPress instance. This article will help you in the setup and also share some best practices with you.
Setting up a new WordPress Site
1. To set up your WordPress site, you need to have purchased the WordPress hosting feature under the Sites tab. Once this has been done, you can get started by clicking the "+ Create WordPress" button
2. Fill in the Site and User details
3. Wait for 10-15 minutes till the installation is complete
4. After the installation is complete, you will have access to the following:
The WordPress DashboardHere you can access your site and admin portal
Manage Additional Domains & Primary Domain
Import an Existing WordPress Site using the All-in-One WP Migration plugin
Refresh Cache for the WordPress Site
User ManagementHere you can manage all users for the site
Backup & RestoreHere you will get backups for the last 3 days
Backups happen daily at 05:00 AM CST
Advanced SettingsYou will be able to manage FTP Access and Communication Settings here. This is still on the roadmap and not live yet
Adding an Additional Domain
Once your site is ready to publish, you can connect your domain to the WordPress site.
Please follow this article for instructions on how to connect your domain with the WordPress site.
Q1: I'm unable to add the same domain to my other subaccount/location:
The same domain/subdomain can't be used in 2 locations
Q2: Why can't I update my primary domain?
Primary domain can be updated if you have added an additional domain
Q3: I've added the A / CNAME record but the domain is still not being added
This can happen due to a few reasons
- There is a typo in your domain name [like in the example above]
In this scenario fixing the typo will resolve your issue
- Your DNS changes haven't propagated yet
In this case, you need to wait longer and try again after a few hours or the next day to see if it works
- Your DNS configuration is not setup correctly
Please reach out to your Domain Provider and discuss the errors with their support team
- Maybe you have conflicting (multiple) records for the same subdomain [for example if blog.mydomain.com has a CNAME record pointing to wp3.msgsndr.com but it also has an A record pointing to some other provider]
In such cases removing the other duplicate record will fix your issue
Q4: I can't connect my root domain (ex. mydomain.com)
Please make sure there are no additional AAA, TXT, records, etc if you plan to use that slug/root domain for WordPress
Q5: How many WordPress sites can I have per sub-account
Only one site per sub-account at the moment