TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Follow the instructions below to choose the right path for your A2P brand registration:
- What are the requirements for Sole Proprietor registration?
- What are the fees for Sole Proprietor registration?
- What are the limitations of Sole Proprietor registration?
- How do I do the new registration?
Follow the instructions below to choose the right path for your A2P brand registration:
- If the business has a Tax Number (EIN for the US, CCN for Canada, etc.), please select "Yes, the business I’m registering has a US EIN" Check out LC Phone System Trust Center
- If the business does not have a Tax Number but operates from a valid Business Address in the US/Canada, please select "No, the business I’m registering does not have a US EIN" (Sole Prop Brand Registration).
- If the business does not have a Tax ID and the business address is not in the US/Canada, unfortunately, they cannot proceed with A2P Brand Registration. In this case, the best alternative would be to use Toll-Free numbers after completing the registration process. Check out Toll-Free Number Registration for LC - Phone (US/Canada)
What are the requirements for Sole Proprietor registration?
- No Tax ID: Customers with a tax ID are not eligible for Sole Proprietor Brands; they should use a Low Volume Standard Brand instead.
- OTP Verification: Confirm your identity using a One-Time Password (OTP) verification step.
- Valid Details: Starter Brands must include a valid and accurate business name, first name, last name, email address, phone number, and physical address.
- US Addresses: Only valid U.S. addresses (including P.O. boxes) are allowed. Addresses in other countries are no longer permitted. ✅
What are the fees for Sole Proprietor registration?
- One-time Sole Proprietor Brand registration fee: $4.41 (previous Starter Brands that were converted by Twilio will be exempt from this fee)
- One-time Campaign vetting fee: $16.55 (existing Campaigns will be exempt from this fee at this time)
- Monthly Sole Proprietor Campaign fees: $2.25 (applicable to existing and new Campaigns)
What are the limitations of Sole Proprietor registration?
- Sole Proprietor brands have the following limits:
- 1 Sole Proprietor Campaign per Brand
- 1 Phone Number per Campaign
- 1 Message Per Second (1 MPS) throughput limit
- One employee per company/business
Consider registering your business so you could apply for standard registration and multiple numbers can be a2p verified.
How do I do the new registration?
1. Click on No, the business I'm registering does not have a tax ID
2. Business details
4. Contact info
5. Business Use case
6. Brand Details
Keep an eye out for an SMS from TCR requesting your approval. Simply reply "Yes" to give the green light for your brand to start messaging.
Why did my sole prop registration failed?
Here are the most common reasons:
1. Using custom variables (fields / values) instead of actual names & company name
2. Not including opt-out language in message templates
3. Using same email in more than 10 A2p sole prop registrations
4. Using same phone in more than 10 A2p sole prop registrations
5. Using same address in more than 10 A2p sole prop registrations
6. Using same phone number for OTP (code verification) A2p verification in more than 3 cases
7. Invalid email - Please note that private emails domains are typically not eligible for Sole prop Brand registration. You have to be sure you are using a public domain for your email (e.g., Gmail (NOT Gsuite), Hotmail, Yahoo, etc)
- The Third-Party Service TCR use to validate email addresses sometimes marks valid email addresses as undeliverable. Unfortunately, this is beyond our control.
While it's possible to open a ticket with the TCR to address the error, their response time might be too slow so
Our recommendation is to create a new email address with a reliable provider like Gmail and use this new address for your registration. Please note that the email address is a required field but is not used for communication purposes; it's mainly for registration.
8. Using a phone number that is a Google Voice or other VOIP number as TOP line - Please use a Direct line (Hard number)
Please note: your submission will continue to fail if your Brand does not qualify for Sole Proprietor (e.g. you have a registered Tax ID or are not located in the U.S. / Canada). If your Brand does not qualify please register as a Standard Brand instead.