TABLE OF CONTENTS
What is a location transfer?
A location transfer is a movement of a location (or sub-account) as a whole from one Agency (From Agency) to another Agency (To Agency). It is not a location merge. We cannot merge the data of one location and put it in another, nor can we transfer locations partially (some data not others).
Can I merge one location with another?
No. Location transfers are a movement of the entire location, not a movement of just the data inside of it. This movement takes place from one agency to another. (Imaging moving a house. A location transfer would be like picking up the entire house (the location) and moving it from one neighborhood (From Agency) to new neighborhood (To Agency)).
How long does it take? "(transfer process overview)"
The entire location transfer process time depends highly on how fast the Requestor and the From Agency Owner will complete the two forms (Transfer Requestor Form and Transfer Authorization Form) with the correct information. Once both forms are filled out, it could take up to 72hrs for us to verify the information and complete the transfer.
Location Transfer Overview
- Location Requestor Form is filled out
- Email containing a link to the Transfer Authorization Form is sent to the From Agency Owner.
- From Agency Owner fills out the Transfer Authorization Form verifying the same information filled out by the Requestor and the Credit Card information in the From Agency. (This form submission will create and Official Location Transfer Ticket).
- We will verify all of the information on the Official Location Transfer Ticket then complete the transfer.
- Notification emails will get sent to the To Agency and the From Agency owners stating that the Transfer is complete.
What is all of the information that is transferred over?
- Do users get transferred over?
Yes. Please ensure that all users that you want to be transferred over are User Type ‘Account’ and only assigned to this specific location/subaccount being transferred.
What is all of the information that is not transferred over?
- All auth connections will be deleted (ex: Google, FB, Instagram, Quickbooks, Clio, DrChrono, Yext)
- All Facebook and Google settings will be cleared
- Location-level Stripe fields will be cleared
- Any SaaS setting will not be transferred over (SaaS will need to be disabled before the transfer takes place)
- Does my Mailgun/SMTP and Twilio get transferred over?
No. It is the New Agency owner receiving the location/sub-account’s responsibility to set up their email (Mailgun/SMTP) and phone (Twilio) senders. No phone numbers will be transferred over by HighLevel. It is your responsibility to work with the previous account owner as well as Twilio to move over any and all phone numbers that you may want to keep connected to the transferred location/sub-account.
What locations can be transferred?
Can I transfer a HIPAA enabled location?
No. WE CAN NOT TRANSFER LOCATIONS THAT ARE HIPAA ENABLED
What agency can I transfer over to?
You will be able to transfer a location to any agency that is active or on trial (not cancelled, whether it be due to failed payments or a cancel request) with a $297 or $497 subscription ($2,970 and $4,970 annual subscriptions included). You can only transfer (a) location(s) to an agency with a $97 subscription as long as the location(s) will not make New Agency exceed the two location limit.
What is the prep that I have to do to the location before transferring?
- Set all users that you want to be transferred over are User Type ‘Account’ and only assigned to this specific location/subaccount being transferred.
- Set all campaigns, triggers, and workflows to ‘Draft’.
- Any SaaS locations will need to have SaaS disabled
How do I request a location transfer?
You can request a location transfer by filling out the Location Requestor Form: https://link.gohighlevel.com/widget/form/DZ2X5v6DtYZPwD3VL2V2.
What is the setup that I will need once the transfer is made?
- You will need to reconnect all auth connections (ex: Google, FB, Quickbooks, Clio, DrChrono)
- You will have to reintegrate Facebook and Google
- You will have setup the Location-level Stripe
- You will have to re-add Mailgun/SMTP and Twilio (No phone numbers will be transferred over by HighLevel. You will have to work with the previous account owner as well as Twilio to move over any and all phone numbers to the location).
- You will have to make sure to set campaigns, triggers, and workflows to active.
- You will have to re-add your domains
- Any SaaS locations will have to have SaaS reenabled.
How do I find out the progress of a location transfer?
You can ask our support team to check the status of a location transfer only after you have filled out the Location Requestor Form. Note that once that form is filled out, the From Agency will still need to fill out the Transfer Authorization Form before we can even process the transfer. Provide our support team with the following information (these should match what you filled out on the requestor form) so that they can locate your request: Requestor Name, To Agency, From Agency, Location ID.