The Vision behind the Affiliate Manager system is to provide an affiliate management tool to SaaS Agency owners to manage their affiliate/referral network within the CRM.
This overview article will briefly cover how it works and which help docs to use when setting up your first campaign.
- Affiliate commission is tracked via a sale happening first in Stripe. The system does not currently track refunds for One-time products or Subscriptions.
- For subscription cancellations, the Affiliate Manager administrator can choose to pay 15, 30 or 60 days after the sale has occurred. This allows for sufficient time for the administrator to deny commission if the subscription gets canceled. Once canceled the lead will move into the churned category and can later be re-activated by initiating another checkout or enrolling them again in Stripe.
- The affiliate commission can be one-time or recurring depending on the Stripe product being sold.
- Payments are a manual process that would need to be done by the Affiliate Manager Administrator
- If a coupon is used during check-out, the discount value is considered revenue, and the commission is calculated off that discounted value
Covered in this Article:
Pre-requisite for making an Affiliate Manager's Campaign live
- Enable Stripe Connect on your locations (Settings -> Integrations -> Stripe Connect)
- Add/Upload Affiliates on Affiliate Manager
- Create your campaign with the following:
- Funnel/website selection
- Products that you want the commission split on
- List of affiliates
- Commission percentage
- Payout frequency
- Cookie life.
Setup Guide Overview
Step 1: Create your Funnel & Add products (See Guide)
Step 2: Upload or add affiliates to the Affiliate Manager (See Guide)
Step 3: Create an Affiliate Manager Campaign (See Guide)
Step 4: Managing Affiliate Payouts (See Guide)
How does the Affiliate Manager work?
- Once an affiliate campaign is created and published/live, all the enrolled affiliates will receive their unique affiliate link, which they can share with their network.
- , When a customer signs up through an affiliate link, the payout, and commission are recorded and published on the ', Payout - Pending' tab on the 1st of the month.
- The affiliate owner can see the list of all the generated payouts and choose to approve or deny them for a payout.
- Once approved for a payout, the affiliate owner needs to take an export and upload it on their payment gateway to manually make the payment as per that CSV.to make the payment as per that CSV manually.
- Once the payment has been made, the affiliate owner needs to update the status in Affiliate Manager to paid so that correct reporting gets reflected for that Affiliate and the overall campaign.
Development will be adding more tools to the affiliate enviroment. Please add any ideas to the ideas board. To provide any feedback within the app please click the feedback button located within the affiliate manager dashboard:
1. How does someone get signed up as an affiliate on their own?
You can set up an Affiliate Manager workflow to automate the process. This article covers that in detail.
2. How do I find my affiliate user's link? (The email wasn't sent).
The email goes out to the email address of the Affiliate once a campaign is live. The other way to pull the affiliate link is to go to the Affiliate -> Click on the Affiliate in question-> Click on the campaign dropdown -> Select the campaign -> You'll find the link to the right of the campaign. You can also export the affiliates and get the affiliate links for all the affiliates.
3. How do Affiliates get their stats themselves?
They can't; as there is no affiliate view, a workaround would be to add them as users in an account.
4. How do Affiliates download their list of leads & list of buyers? -
Affiliates can not perform any action on the Affiliate Manager as of now.
5. How do we tag existing buyers (on recurring) to the affiliates we imported?
Not possible at this moment.